Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

arit0195

Where is my filled California tax forms I filled? I want to mail it out to the state

I am looking for where Turbotax kept the filled California tax forms I filled yesterday. I was told it had to be made, but could not find copies to be printed to mail them out.

I am not happy that i paid money to file same, but was told it could not be filed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Where is my filled California tax forms I filled? I want to mail it out to the state

Hi there, 

If you filed your taxes with a TurboTax CD/download product, your tax return(s) is stored on your computer, so you can print a copy at any time. If you used TurboTax Online, you can log in and print copies of your tax return for free.

Step 1: Download Form 4506

The only way you can obtain copies of your tax returns from the IRS is by filing Form 4506 with the IRS. You can download this form from the IRS website.

Step 2: Enter required data

Enter your name and Social Security number on line 1. If you filed a joint return for any of the years you are requesting copies, then you must also provide your spouse’s name and Social Security number on line 2.

Step 3: Enter address

Enter your current address on line 3. If your current address is different than the address you report on your past-filed returns, enter that previous address on line 4. If you want your tax return sent directly to a third party, such as a bank evaluating your mortgage application, you can enter their name, address and phone number on line 5. If you leave line 5 blank, the IRS will mail your tax return to your current address.

Step 4: Enter form used

Enter the form you used to file your federal income tax return on line 6. If you are requesting a personal income tax return, it’s likely you filed on Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ. You must also enter the tax years you are requesting copies for on line 7. For example, if you are requesting your 2017 tax return, enter “12/31/2017” and not just “2017”.

Step 5: Enter number of returns

Enter the number of returns you are requesting on line 8b. As of 2017, the IRS charges $57 for each return. Multiply the number of returns you are requesting on line 8b by the applicable fee on line 8a and enter the total fee on line 8c.

Step 6: Sign and mail

Sign the form and mail to the appropriate IRS address. Page 2 of Form 4506 requires you to mail your request to the address listed for the state you lived in when you filed the original return. Before mailing, insure you enclose full payment; otherwise, the IRS will not process your request.

Remember, if you filed your tax return with TurboTax, you can skip these steps and either print your tax return from your computer, or download it from your TurboTax Online account.

Things You'll Need:

• IRS Form 4506

Tips:

• If you are requesting copies of a joint return, it’s not necessary for your spouse to sign Form 4506.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies