turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I enter information to get a deduction on a biomass stove?

I'm not finding anything regarding this in the TurboTax interview. Am I able to claim biomass stoves and some other energy efficient appliances that I purchased last year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You are allowed a federal tax credit for biomass stoves and some other qualified energy-saving home improvements. You can see other qualified energy-efficient appliances here Can I claim energy-efficient appliances or energy-saving home improvements?

The things you are not allowed to claim are Energy Star appliances or water-saving improvements such as the low-flow toilets, low-flow shower-heads, or xeriscaping on your federal return.

This link will direct you to where to enter your biomass stove and other qualified appliances in the TurboTax software Where do I enter qualified energy-saving improvements?

Let me know if you have more questions!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I don't know, but I wanted to comment so that I could follow this post - I want to see the answer!

You are allowed a federal tax credit for biomass stoves and some other qualified energy-saving home improvements. You can see other qualified energy-efficient appliances here Can I claim energy-efficient appliances or energy-saving home improvements?

The things you are not allowed to claim are Energy Star appliances or water-saving improvements such as the low-flow toilets, low-flow shower-heads, or xeriscaping on your federal return.

This link will direct you to where to enter your biomass stove and other qualified appliances in the TurboTax software Where do I enter qualified energy-saving improvements?

Let me know if you have more questions!

Thank you so much @AndreaC1. This information helps a lot. I had no idea we could deduct the non-solar water heaters along with the solar ones. Every little bit helps. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies