Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What's up with Form 2210?

TurboTax Premier Desktop Mac.

I get Form 2210 auto-filled.  The form concludes that I have to request a waiver for the 85% rule and let the IRS compute my penalty, if any, Part II, Option A.

I paid quarterly estimated taxes on-time equalling 110% of my 2017 tax liability (the payments show up properly elsewhere in TT).  From forever before this tax year,  if you do this there is no penalty, no form to fill out, and no need to request a waiver.   

Is this still the "bug" with Turbotax Form 2210 or am I seeing something else?

Should I wait for a further TT upgrade to this form or should I just delete it?

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Update now removes form 2210.  So was a type of bug.

I posted this as a new message but thought I'd also try here since you guys were talking about this issue:  (especially since drennman says it's now fixed. But I'm not seeing anything fixed. What was fixed by yesterday?) 

I've tried asking this in their HELP section but haven't been able to get an answer so I thought I'd try community since many seem to be struggling with this form. 

Until a prior upgrade, TT calculated my penalty as $8. How I wish I could have filed then and paid it. But I just wasn't quite done yet. After an upgrade, it auto took that $8 fee away and checked the box about waiver. I don't want that box checked and don't know how to undo it. I'd much rather pay that $8, rather than pay 0. I did even calculate my AI (which was a huge pain) which confirms b/c we made money different times of the year and especially later into the year, we owe Zero. So I get if I still need to file 2210 because of that line item and 2210AI to prove that. But how do I get the 85% waiver box to not be checked and cause me to be unable to file? I already know from many posts people are getting their forms rejected and told to paper file b/c of that check box. I just want to get my taxes in. They've been done for weeks and I've been waiting on this one glitch. But the new upgrade doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. What were they fixing? (to be done by 3/1 then 3/8?) When I delete 2210 I can't get it to stay gone. I've tried it first and tried it by deleting 2210AI first, then deleting 2210 regular one, and it just puts it right back. HELP, please

rh4615
Returning Member

Intuit/TT seems to have gone completely dark re updating PAID USERS of their product.  NO IDEA where this issue stands or when whether I can use TT after getting Form 2210 rejected.  What's going on?  

Intuit/TT: you are making your competitors look much better and more attractive for future years' tax filings!

Several others said with the explanation form in place that sending from TT to IRS was letting them file so I tried it and mine went through. Approval showed up about 15 mins after. Unfortunately it meant having the AI used... which I would have preferred to pay the $8 instead of having to supply all that info. But it didn't give me the option of just paying its original calculation. During an update that information got lost (where I was able to choose "Let IRS choose or pay this amount". I wanted to just pay that amount but I think once they started  messing with the 85% rule, it removed the calculation it had originally given me. I sure hope they make this easier next year!!!! 

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

As of today (3/8/19) Form 2210 issue is fixed. Please update your TurboTax software. If you are using TurboTax Online, it is updated automatically. Please sign out, clear cache/cookies and sign back in. 

VacationGirl
Returning Member

It happened to me as well yesterday.  I just deleted this schedule because it does not make any sense.  This is a bug that needs to be fixed.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies