turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sonyakayrn
Returning Member

Unauthorized transaction to deduct fees prior to my refund

Fees are supposed to be taken out when you get your tax refund. DO NOT BE DECEIVED! IF THINGS ARE NOT MOVING FAST ENOUGH, THEY TAKE IT OUT ANYWAY!!!

I ELECTRONICALLY AGREED TO HAVE MY FEES TAKEN OUT WHEN I RECEIVED MY REFUND. That is not what happened. 

I was supposed to get my refund in March. It was delayed because I had to pay COBRA. I was unemployed and they wanted proof of premiums.  So in April, I get this email they are taking out the fees because it was taking too long to get my refund. I told them, "No, you can wait for your money just like I am." THIS IS WHAT I AGREED TO AS FAR AS ELECTRONIC TRANSACTIONS.

May 4th, they take the money out ANYWAY. I got my full refund the 25th of May. Because of what they did, I will no longer be using them and I encourage everyone else not to use them, too.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I have the same situation. There was no alert from turbo tax that I hadn't filed the correct forms and the irs sent a letter saying they needing more info. That's the first problem with this service. Then today I get a demand for payment now because my refund is delayed.

TURBOTAX TOOK MONEY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT

Did you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund?  Is your refund taking an unusually long time to arrive?  Or was your refund seized to pay a debt you owed? if so, you signed an agreement that says TT can withdraw its fees from your account.  TurboTax would have sent several emails to you before they took the money out of your account.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901364-why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-turbotax-fees

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901364-why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-turbotax-fees

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies