cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

I have just installed my TT 2018 Home and Business from CD bought at BJ’s and did suggested updates immediately. Got ready to begin taxes and Crashing randomly. Mac IOS Mojave 

i too too have been long time continual user of TT. I almost think like 1991 many even earlier. NEVER have had ANY issues. This better be solved quickly (will not use anything ,on-line, as I have several DBA,s and LLC,s) 

absolutely unacceptable. 

Comments re: virus and malware well taken; however, I will not disable. 

This is is the year I am going to look elsewhere for tax software if not fixed ASAP

Have sent all all crash reports to IntuIT

Level 4

I have just installed my TT 2018 Home and Business from CD bought at BJ’s and did suggested updates immediately. Got ready to begin taxes and Crashing randomly. Mac IOS Mojave 

i too too have been long time continual user of TT. I almost think like 1991 many even earlier. NEVER have had ANY issues. This better be solved quickly (will not use anything ,on-line, as I have several DBA,s and LLC,s) 

absolutely unacceptable. 

Comments re: virus and malware well taken; however, I will not disable. 

This is is the year I am going to look elsewhere for tax software if not fixed ASAP

Have sent all all crash reports to IntuIT

in crash window

Level 7

TT used to crashes constantly on my PC so I installed on a MAC and it was working fine. I have a large file after my tax was done. TT fixed the crashes problem on PC  last week and I was trying to save a PDF of my 2018 tax file and it saved without crashes, may be you can try install/file your 2018  on a PC .

Level 4

Thanks for reply,

unfortunately I do not have a Windows platform. 

Glad and you were able to find a workaround. 

Frustrating that TT launched code that is broken

will wait until Monday to see if any solution posted by TT tech support. 

If not, will go look into other tax software. 

Level 3

I just installed TurboTax on my Windows 10 laptop, and it keeps crashing. I can't even get past the first screen entering name, email etc. Even when I try to drag the window around, it'd crash immediately. 

I have more than 10 large third-party apps running fine on this laptop. TurboTax is the only one that keeps crashing.

I've tried bunch of things multiple times (uninstalling/installing the program, rebooting the machine, manually installing the latest update, installing onto HDD instead of SSD etc.), to no avail.

Then miraculously I found the program seems to run fine under Windows 8 Settings. (Right-click the TurboTax icon on the desktop, select the "Troubleshoot compatibility" option, then select "Try compatibility settings for the program", then "Test the program" under Windows 8 settings). At least now I can get past the first screen. Dragging the window around / maximizing the window won't crash it any more.  Of course, then you'll need to save this setting so next time the system knows the program should run under Windows 8 settings.

I will see if more problems would come up under Windows 8 settings. 

Level 2

New TurboTax 2018 Home and Business crashes constantly on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.

Won't run at all now. Started half way though tax preparation when TurboTax asked the same question twice and then crashes. Did that several times at the same question.  Now it crashes when I try to open a tax file. It is now useless. Tried restart and then reopen Turbo Tax. Worked all the way through once.  Now it won't work at all and crashes when i try to open a tax file or start a new return. I will cancel my Turbo Tax Advantage account because of this. Unacceptable with nothing but "it must be your computer" from Turbo Tax tech support. I am done with it.  Pass the word please.

HS2
Level 7

I don't think this is a PC or a Mac or what it's running on issue.   This is a turbotax issue, crappy code and lack of quality control.  I have had 2 updates since and yet there's no acknowledgement of a problem or a fix.  I submitted my taxes already (couldn't wait for them to fix) while dealing with continuous crashes.  I really should return this but I did use the software (with lots of pain).  No one reads this guys, we're on our own.  Good luck, deal with the problems and use something else next year.

Level 3

Similar problem (Mac Mojave with latest version) with crash act same point in responding "no" to a question option. We depend on this software to work! I have deleted the app and am reinstalling. Nope...still crashes.

Level 2

having similar problems on High Sierra. I've done two returns already (since things aren't really working correctly this year, I thought I'd start over and try again). Now on the third effort, and the program crashes. MAC autoinstalled some kind of correction, but it doesn't help. Last week I didn't have this problem, so it must be in a recent update.  And we're running out of time. What's the deal, TurboTax?

Level 6

I was dealing with this same issue today after the last TT update.  I had no issues when I used the application (W10) in Feb/19.  But the update today 3/31 may have been the issue.  After reading some of the remedies, I tried the W8 compatibility setting, but that didn't fix the issue.  The other suggested remedy, running as Admin, appeared to have fixed the issue.  It could very well be the combination of both.  I didn't go back to see about removing the W8 compatibility setting.