I have the same problem. When I click the "Done" button to finish a section or on the main page and click "Visit All" or "Update", it crashes. I am completely stuck since I can't enter information into most sections. They need to resolve this quickly or I will start exploring to return the software and cancel my auto-renewal. I have used it for over a decade but last year was buggy and this year, so far, it is unusable.
yes, there is a sign up page somewhere for the "containment article" and I signed up but have not received any updates from it. There was another similar thread to this one but using Premier and that is where I found a link to it but that discussion has mysteriously disappeared.
I am having the same problem and I am going to try your solution of not maximizing the TT window to see if it solves my problem. Thanks for the suggestion. How many people have tried this work around and what is the success rate so far?
It's hard to believe that they even tested this software on a Windows 10 machine. I simply load my return then "View Forms" and it crashes. Sometimes on an additional try it works only to crash somewhere else. It's like they are selling "snake oil". When I get enough courage I will contact technical support, I'm afraid they will give me the run-around only to end up in the same place.
Status Update -
I followed rogelio32 advice and not maximized the TurboTax window. It seems to be a little bit more stable but it still crashed once. I was able to quickly finished the return and E-filed both Federal and state. I'm done for this year. I'll will definitely look for other alternatives for next year's return. No more TurboTax for me.
So I have been on the phone now for at least a couple hours with support with no luck. She has had me try these things, that may help others...just not me.
- Reinstall the software. I had a disc but downloaded the latest version from the Intuit site, version [phone number removed] and used it instead.
- Right click on the icon, go to the compatibility tab, and select Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and then in the Settings section, Run this program as administrator
- She then sent me a new version of the software, that was not on the download page before, and had me download and install it, version [phone number removed].
- Then she had me download the manual update here, https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901192-manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-deluxe...
- Nothing fixed the crashing issue so, as a last resort, she refunded my money and suggested that I try the online version so I will give that a go.