turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bvz
Returning Member

TT 2017 for OSX: Couldn't install update (looping) and now can't download. How do I download?

I did one return last month with TT 2017 on my Mac.  Now I want to do a second return, but TT said it needed to do an update.  So I said "update". But it just downloads and then when I restart the app, it goes right back to needing to download the update. This is a perpetual loop.

So, after researching the issue here, I found out that I have to delete the app in its entirety and then re-download and re-install.

So I deleted the app, but now my downloads don't work.

I go to my list of downloads and see TT 2017 Mac listed.  

But when I click on "Download" it just takes me to a page that shows my account overview.  There does not appear to be any way to download the app anymore.

This is turning out to be a freaking nightmare.  I have a very tiny window of time to complete my taxes and now two bugs stacked up are making the app completely unusable.

I'll just skip past the part where I go on a tirade and vent my frustrations and go directly to the part where I ask for some help.  Can anyone guide me on how to actually re-download the app?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
bvz
Returning Member

TT 2017 for OSX: Couldn't install update (looping) and now can't download. How do I download?

I was able to get it to download by using Chrome instead of Safari...

Ugh.  I hate tax time.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies