turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gohun9008

tax question

I filed my 2017 taxes via jackson hewitt electronically they went through fine refund back and all i go home and do years 15 and 16 from home via mail i call the IRS the first rep said they put my 15 and 16 to the side because they came in after 2017 as if it was suspicious or something? then she said she put a note on my account to continue processing those but could take 8-16 weeks is this possible?!?! then the next rep i called said that was a lie basically and they would never do such a thing give it six weeks from the date i mailed em

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

tax question

Processing of paper filed prior year returns can take 6 or more weeks, it takes an actual human to input and process the data, so you're at the mercy of the IRS staffing and paperwork load that's been sent in.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
gohun9008

tax question

oh ok so there is no such thing as them putting my 15 and 16 returns to the side because it was suspicious they came in after 17? thats what a rep told me then she said it will take 8-16 weeks because they put them to the side like wtf why

tax question

You received your 2017 refund right?   Nothing has been put to the side, the paper returns you've filed for 2015 and 2016 are just working their way through processing.

If anything were wrong, they would have put your 2017 refund on hold until the 2015 and 2016 returns had completed processing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
gohun9008

tax question

yup 2017 went through perfectly mailed out 15 and 16 exact same day i came home from jackson hewitt finishing 2017 with them

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies