turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reject Code IND-032

While filing my 2017 married jointly tax return, I received this reject code IND-032 from the IRS saying that my spouse's 2016 adjusted gross income (AGI) was incorrect in their records. So I did some digging and figured to request my spouse's IRS tax transcript and it turns out the AGI on the transcript is the same AGI we initially inputed before the rejection. 

Here's a bit of background from 2016. My spouse and I married late 2016. Since I was still a dependent under my parents for most of 2016, I filed married separately. My spouse on the other hand, accidentally filed married jointly. We then quickly amended my spouse's tax return to married separately. 

Any help would be much appreciated as I will be calling the IRS to ask also but I thought I would post an enquiry here! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Reject Code IND-032

Are you using the AGI from her amended return or her original one? The AGI from the original one would be needed. 

And here What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject? you'll also find other reasons the return gets rejected when you are entering the correct AGI. If all is accurate, you may have to go ahead and paper file that return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies