turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need help with Form 2210

I've tried asking this in their HELP section but haven't been able to get an answer so I thought I'd try community since many seem to be struggling with this form. 

Until a prior upgrade, TT calculated my penalty as $8. How I wish I could have filed then and paid it. But I just wasn't quite done yet. After an upgrade, it auto took that $8 fee away and checked the box about waiver. I don't want that box checked and don't know how to undo it. I'd much rather pay that $8, rather than pay 0. I did even calculate my AI (which was a huge pain) which confirms b/c we made money different times of the year and especially later into the year, we owe Zero. So I get if I still need to file 2210 because of that line item and 2210AI to prove that. But how do I get the 85% waiver box to not be checked and cause me to be unable to file? I already know from many posts people are getting their forms rejected and told to paper file b/c of that check box. I just want to get my taxes in. They've been done for weeks and I've been waiting on this one glitch. But the new upgrade doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. What were they fixing? (to be done by 3/1 then 3/8?) When I delete 2210 I can't get it to stay gone. I've tried it first and tried it by deleting 2210AI first, then deleting 2210 regular one, and it just puts it right back. HELP, please. 🙂 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CheriS
Intuit Alumni

Need help with Form 2210

As of today (3/8/19) Form 2210 issue is fixed. Please update your TurboTax software. If you are using TurboTax Online, it is updated automatically. Please sign out, clear cache/cookies and sign back in. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies