cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

MN Itemized Deduction

I just found there is a work sheet for Mortgage calculations on "forms"  which need to be linked to  Mortgage entry on M1SA MN itemized Deduction. However these are not linked and that may be the reason I get red flag in spite the numbers are same.  It appears in MN Mortgage interest is calculated on several other factors and not necessarily the number what you get on 1098. Software engineers to pay attention for this for correction.

Level 3

MN Itemized Deduction

I’m on the online version and it keeps forcing the MN standard deduction. It does not seem to be working with the M1SA form yet as our Federal Itemized amount is higher than the 2018 standard deduction. Is there some secret way for the itemized amount to replace the MN standard deduction?

Level 3

MN Itemized Deduction

Update to above post. I got it working! I had to temporarily change my Federal to take the itimezed deduction even though the standard one is larger. Doing that forced MN to take the itemized deduction. I switched the federal return back to the standard deduction and the new MN data kept.

Level 2

MN Itemized Deduction

Having difficulty with this myself, this is my second time using TurboTax but it keeps telling me "Minnesota tax return contains home mortgage interest which has not been finalized.  Do not file the return until this calculation is finalized in the upcoming release of TurboTax Minnesota"

Level 7

MN Itemized Deduction

As I am going to take Standard Deduction on Both Federal as well as MN State I decided to remove 1098 Mortgage Interest from Federal return. The red Flag cleared and the mortgage payment on  M1SA also cleared and return was ready for filing.

Level 7

MN Itemized Deduction

They've done this before.  The last time they hadn't decided if the mortgage insurance premium was deductible.  I expect it's a similar situation again that will be resolved before long.  I had to file an amended return the last time, so I'm going to wait until they get it figured out before I file this year.

Level 7

MN Itemized Deduction

Dealing with the same issue. Talked to TT today and was told MN is  making "updates" to the M1SA form and have not yet provided the most updated version to TT which is why we are getting the "Check this Entry" message. 

Level 7

MN Itemized Deduction

I am also using the download version and experiencing the same glitch. TT has a post that says a fix is going in on 2-2 19. Do you think this will automatically apply when I run the state check?
Level 7

MN Itemized Deduction

Can you tell me how you forced it? Apparently a fix going in on 2-2. Thanks for any info!
Level 7

MN Itemized Deduction

Did they happen to say if all versions will automatically update when the fix is applied? I was given a date of 2-2 but signed up for the email notification anyway. Thanks for any info!