turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MN Itemized Deduction

I was trying to check for MN State Itemized deduction MN State Turbo Tax Deluxe, so that I can compare Standard vs Itemized deductions. I was unable to find M1SA form on TurboTax Deluxe CD. Any suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

34 Replies

MN Itemized Deduction

I talked to a TurboTax expert this morning.  The Minnesota M1SA will not be available until Jan. 24.

trh75
Returning Member

MN Itemized Deduction

There was an update yesterday, but TurboTax smart check is still giving me an error saying the M1SA isn't final.

Sholm
Returning Member

MN Itemized Deduction

I too have received an email stating the M1SA tax forms are ready to go. Have walked through forms and still get a check entry message. Ready to click "Continue Without Fixing" button!

mmhegarty

MN Itemized Deduction

Thank you for this information.  I tried to file today but am still getting that message saying it's not available. 

maripuri

MN Itemized Deduction

Is everyone here using the CD version of is anyone using the web / iPad online version? I am using the online one and see no option for the M1SA form yet, even though TurboTax claims the form is available for both online and CD now. Frustrating.
trh75
Returning Member

MN Itemized Deduction

I'm using the cd version.

MN Itemized Deduction

I am using TT Deluxe CD version. M1SA form is there but does not work properly. eg I have Mortgage interest transferred from Fed return it shows error message. I am afraid to file because it may not go. I will be paying TT $25 for nothing. I have seen messages before they do not refund either if it is not accepted by IRS.

MN Itemized Deduction

I am using the download version, and having the same experience as everyone else, in one form or another.  I will wait a while before I file my tax returns to see what TurboTax finally comes up with.  Over the years I've become more frustrated each year and am thinking it's time to find another software.

maripuri

MN Itemized Deduction

It worked on the online version today, but I had to edit one of my federal deductions to "force" MN to recalculate with the M1SA instead of the standard deduction.

MN Itemized Deduction

I just found there is a work sheet for Mortgage calculations on "forms"  which need to be linked to  Mortgage entry on M1SA MN itemized Deduction. However these are not linked and that may be the reason I get red flag in spite the numbers are same.  It appears in MN Mortgage interest is calculated on several other factors and not necessarily the number what you get on 1098. Software engineers to pay attention for this for correction.

MN Itemized Deduction

I’m on the online version and it keeps forcing the MN standard deduction. It does not seem to be working with the M1SA form yet as our Federal Itemized amount is higher than the 2018 standard deduction. Is there some secret way for the itemized amount to replace the MN standard deduction?

MN Itemized Deduction

Update to above post. I got it working! I had to temporarily change my Federal to take the itimezed deduction even though the standard one is larger. Doing that forced MN to take the itemized deduction. I switched the federal return back to the standard deduction and the new MN data kept.

breynolds

MN Itemized Deduction

Having difficulty with this myself, this is my second time using TurboTax but it keeps telling me "Minnesota tax return contains home mortgage interest which has not been finalized.  Do not file the return until this calculation is finalized in the upcoming release of TurboTax Minnesota"

MN Itemized Deduction

As I am going to take Standard Deduction on Both Federal as well as MN State I decided to remove 1098 Mortgage Interest from Federal return. The red Flag cleared and the mortgage payment on  M1SA also cleared and return was ready for filing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies