When I start the "1099-G" portion of income, I see five categories.
- Agricultural program payment
- Taxable grants
- Market gain on CCC loans
- Reemployment trade adjustment assistance (RTAA) payment
- Business or farm tax refund
My "1099G" form (not "1099-G") is for none of the above. It's for my 2019 State income tax refund. So, do I need to report my 2019 SITR even though it's not a listed category and if so, which option do I choose?
If you overpaid your state taxes last year and received a 1099G, please follow these steps in TurboTax to enter this information:
- Open your return.
- Search for government payments with the magnifying glass tool on the top of the page.
- Select the Jump to government payments link in the search results.
- Click Yes for the question Did you have any of these types of income?
- Put a checkmark next to State or local income tax refunds.
- Click Yes for the question Did you get a state or local tax refund in 2020?
- Enter the information about your refund.