Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member


I telecommute with my company in Texas and I now live in Texas. But we are considering moving right over the border to Oklahoma. I will still telecommute  but will go into the office 4-5 times a month in Texas. I’m a W2 employee. Do I still have to pay Oklahoma state income tax? 
 Will I be able to write off my office and other expenses that I pay for while telecommuting from Oklahoma? Again I’m a W2 employee. 
Thanks so much for your responses.. 

1 Reply
Level 15


If you live in OK you will pay OK state income tax.   W-2 employees cannot deduct job-related expenses on a federal return so you cannot deduct a home office or any other job-related expenses on your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Privacy Settings