Re: What happens to the older forum content? - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

What happens to the older forum content?

I've noticed that content more than a year or two old gets deleted from these forums.  I've made many contributions over the years, and when I go back to refer to one of them they're gone.  There is so much valuable content that seems to be archived or deleted.  Is there a way to search the archive?   I realize some old content is out of date, but some is still very pertinent and useful.

I've posted here several times, but I've decided to no longer do so if it's just going to be deleted in a year.  I'll post on other financial forums with tax threads in the future.  Frustrating to lose that much knowledge base.

@markmartian wrote:

Is there a way to search the archive?  

No, unfortunately the content that has been archived is not searchable.

The old AXE (Answer Exchange) forum has been discontinued and much of the contents was "migrated" to this new forum around June of 2019, unfortunately the old threads going back several years lost the original posting date and have the date of migration which is why there are so many 6/1/19  dates on posts that can be years old.  I believe that only old threads that had answers were migrated and many links and screenshots became mutilated in the migration.

I've searched for the exact titles of several questions with helpful content from 2016-18 and they're all missing.  Lots of VERY valuable content that people put time into posting is lost.  How does this happen?  So incredibly foolish and frustrating.  I'm thankful I printed some of the most helpful answers out, but SHAME on Ttax for deleting so much valuable content.  Is there any way to search the old forum posts?

@markmartian wrote:

Is there any way to search the old forum posts?

They are archived - there is no way to search archived posts and the old forum is essentially gone.