Re: Suggestions for the Community - Community

Suggestions for the Community

Hello, everyone!

We want to hear from you! If you have a suggestion for the TurboTax community, please post it below. You can share suggestions for discussion topics, board titles, design, gamification ideas, etc.

Thank you for helping us make the TurboTax community the best it can be!

Suggestions for the Community

I would like to see a link to New Posts Since Your Last Visit. If this exists, I can't find it.

Suggestions for the Community

I agree @RocketJSquirrel. I think this is an amazing suggestion. 

Community Manager

Suggestions for the Community

Hi @RocketJSquirrel! We've had similar discussions about this being a feature we'd like to see and will likely be on our roadmap for future improvements. Here is a workaround, though this won't do exactly what you're hoping to see:

• Trending topics widget: Go to your favorite category (for example... Taxes: https://turbotaxcommunity.com/t5/Taxes/ct-p/taxes) > scroll down to the bottom of the page > the "Trending Topics" list will show you the newest threads in that particular category.

Suggestions for the Community

Think TurboTax is doing a fine job they help people out right on the spot they have a good personality they are just great.
Moderator

Suggestions for the Community

Thank you for the kind words! We definitely appreciate it. 

Suggestions for the Community

Does anyone answer tax questions given to the community?

Suggestions for the Community

Don't agree.  I have had a question in for at least 4 years (same question every year) but no response.

Suggestions for the Community

When I click on the button for "support" in the upper-left, its selection for TurboTax redirects to https://ttlc.intuit.com/.  But why does this community also list its own TurboTax discussions in https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/Taxes/ct-p/taxes?  Thanks.

Moderator

Suggestions for the Community

@rootsmusic Currently, the Support section for TurboTax is used for our QA-style conversations for product support. The "Taxes" section here is for discussion-based topics. However, there's cross over within both & through time I believe it'll flow with ease. 
Thanks for reaching out! Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Suggestions for the Community

Oh, I understand that ok but there seems no way to make contact with Intuit/TurboTax to let them know there is a problem accessing past tax submissions, i.e., not available even though I've used TurboTax for close to 30 years.

Suggestions for the Community

you should make the rules for posts in these forums much more clear. I've attempted to post recommendations to people on some threads, and they either keep getting auto-flagged and removed as spam, or some moderator is physically removing the post without telling me what I'd need to change in order for it to not constitute "spam". 

does even mentioning another website or service constitute spam, even if I am not directly an advertiser for that website, and have nothing to gain from making such suggestions? for instance, I mention social networking platforms that can be used for advertisements, online tools that can be used for product hunting and research, websites that can be used for stock research, platforms for trading stocks, and physical store names for retail arbitrage opportunities. is just mentioning the names of these outside the bounds of the community guidelines? 

Suggestions for the Community

@james_explains_finance We have been trying to contact you via private message and email. If you don't follow the community rules your posts will be marked as spam. Here is the link on more time: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/Welcome-guidelines/TurboTax-Community-Guidelines-Do-s-and-Don-ts/m...

Suggestions for the Community

How do I find where I have posted a topic question? I cannot seem to locate it at all! 

Community Manager

Suggestions for the Community

@Malewitzm It looks like it was inadvertently caught by the spam filter, so it wasn't live. It's live now - you can find your post here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/Other-tax-discussions/Business-Charitable-Deduction/m-p/18350

Suggestions for the Community

Thank you very much!! 

Suggestions for the Community

Please allow me to delete my own post/reply.

Suggestions for the Community

Yes quit moving things around.  One forum for the people who buy your disk and stick with it.  Why the move?

Suggestions for the Community

test

Community Manager

Suggestions for the Community

@rootsmusic Unfortunately deleting isn't available, but there are a couple of ways to achieve the same thing. You can edit your post to remove the text in it (replace with n/m - "no message"). OR, you can "Report" your post (using the post dropdown menu) and request that a moderator removes it.

As for labels, I have good news! There will be enhanced label functionality being implemented very shortly (including product/version).

There is currently an advanced search as well - on the search screen, there is a small blue link that says "Advanced." You'll be able to access a lot more search functionality there.

Suggestions for the Community

Great, @KatieH!  Where's the search screen?

Suggestions for the Community

You can search from the home page (and many others), but you can also get there via the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=fal...

Community Manager

Suggestions for the Community

@rootsmusic What @tagteam said! 🙂 Or, another way to get there... in the header is a search box. Click the magnifying glass, and it will take you to the full page. From there you can select "Advanced."

Suggestions for the Community

I've noticed that content more than a year or two old gets deleted from these forums.  I've made many contributions over the years, and when I go back to refer to one of them they're gone.  There is so much valuable content that seems to be archived or deleted.  Is there a way to search the archive?   I realize some old content is out of date, but some is still very pertinent and useful.

I've posted here several times, but I've decided to no longer do so if it's just going to be deleted in a year.  I'll post on other financial forums with tax threads in the future.  Frustrating to lose that much knowledge base.

Suggestions for the Community

@markmartian wrote:

Is there a way to search the archive?  

No, unfortunately the content that has been archived is not searchable.

Suggestions for the Community

The old AXE (Answer Exchange) forum has been discontinued and much of the contents was "migrated" to this new forum around June of 2019, unfortunately the old threads going back several years lost the original posting date and have the date of migration which is why there are so many 6/1/19  dates on posts that can be years old.  I believe that only old threads that had answers were migrated and many links and screenshots became mutilated in the migration.

Suggestions for the Community

I've searched for the exact titles of several questions with helpful content from 2016-18 and they're all missing.  Lots of VERY valuable content that people put time into posting is lost.  How does this happen?  So incredibly foolish and frustrating.  I'm thankful I printed some of the most helpful answers out, but SHAME on Ttax for deleting so much valuable content.  Is there any way to search the old forum posts?

Suggestions for the Community

@markmartian wrote:

Is there any way to search the old forum posts?

They are archived - there is no way to search archived posts and the old forum is essentially gone.

Suggestions for the Community

@RocketJSquirrel wrote on 03-24-2018 6:02 PM:

This is the very first post in this thread. Still waiting.

Moderator

Suggestions for the Community

So a follow-up question on this suggestion, how do you think something like that could be implemented, or where would you want to see that?  As like a catch all add on, or like each board has that link and only shows you that board's new items from the last time you visited? Or something else entirely?

Suggestions for the Community

@RickG wrote:

I have never programmed a forum, so I can't answer "how to implement", but there are several different approaches all of which work fine for me.

Here's one example. This forum has a link for New Posts, and it shows all threads with posts since the last time I visited the forum:

newposts.png

This forum has a link for New Posts and also for New Threads which were created since my last visit:

newposts2.png

Here's a different way. On this forum, I have subscribed to a number of threads. When I go to my Subscribed Threads page, it shows threads with posts I haven't yet read.

newposts3.png

Moderator

Suggestions for the Community

Ok, cool!  Thanks for the clarification and screenshots, it's super helpful.

Suggestions for the Community

@RickG - Is there any way to turn off notifications "cheering" and accepting an answer but keep them for new comments.     I couldn't care less about "cheering" but I do wan to know if there is a new reply.   It is a waste of time to have to look at notifications only to find out that someone "cheered" a 6 month old post.

If there is no way to do that then I would suggest a new feature to customize notifications.

Moderator

Suggestions for the Community

@macuser_22 

I've checked several of the settings options and there does not appear to be an option for that.  But it would definitely be a good option to implement.

Moderator

Suggestions for the Community

@macuser_22 

I got a second pair of eyes on your question and we were able to find that the option is there, it's just under the term "Kudos".  If you go into your settings and go to "Subscription and Notifications" there's an option about two-thirds down the page for "Kudos Settings" and you can change the settings in the drop-down to the right.  you can turn it off, or get daily/weekly notifications.

Kudos Settings.jpgKudos Settings 2.png

Suggestions for the Community

Ah-so!!   Thank you.  I will try that.

Suggestions for the Community

@RickG - it did not work.  I set it to "never" yesterday and today I am still receiving "cheers".

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 4.09.59 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-12-24 at 4.09.12 PM.jpg

Suggestions for the Community

@macuser_22 

If you read the heading, it appears that setting is strictly for notifications via email. 

I suspect you have to turn off certain notifications under the general heading.

Suggestions for the Community

So it appears that there is no way to turn off the pop-up cheers notification without turning off all notifications - just as I first thought.

It is the pop-up cheers notification  I want to turn off so I would still like to see that as an added feature.  It takes too much time to see that I have a notification, to load the page, only to see a "cheers" that I couldn't not care less to see, but I do want to be notified if there is a new reply.

(I don't receive e-mail notifications at all - I have all e-mail turned off).

Moderator

Suggestions for the Community

I did some testing on my end and I overlooked the fact that this is for email notifications.  It's still a great idea, so we will for sure hold onto it as a possible future enhancement.  Apologies for the confusion.

Suggestions for the Community

User friendly instructions on how to post. Very rarely I do post, and perhaps that was the reason that I could not find immediate instructions on how and where to post a question. 

Suggestions for the Community

@KatieH  I don't see a a small blue link that says "Advanced" at https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=fal... ?  Is there a way to filter my search to only your Help Articles?  Thanks.

Suggestions for the Community

@MonicaM By rating a Help Article as "helpful" or "unhelpful", a feedback box opens.  But the feedback box's character limit is too few to be specific by quoting the sentences that my feedback is about.

Suggestions for the Community

@MonicaM Please fix your search because it doesn't recognize keyword phrases and its filter for edition doesn't correctly refine.  Please also add a filter to search only your Help Articles.  Thanks.

Moderator

Suggestions for the Community

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback!

Community Manager

Suggestions for the Community

@rootsmusic The search functionality has changed since my post last year. There is no longer an advanced link (the overall search is much simpler than it used to be). We do expect to make improvements to the existing search functionality, so your suggestions are very helpful! Thank you!

Suggestions for the Community

When you respond to someone asking for help, do not write "Scroll down ...", without specifying the menu.  In fact, instead of writing "Scroll down", write "Pull down the" (name of menu) "menu, and select" (whatever needs to be selected from the menu)".

Suggestions for the Community

Sorry, I have been indisposed and unable to do much computer work.  I still have to gather our Military Info, and then will be ready to complete.  I'm not worrying about getting any taxes in on time, and I never send my tax info over the web.  I have always sent by post office and will continue to do so.  I hope you won't give up on me till I get my info together.  My husband and I are in our 80s and will have only the regular allowances.  I finally got my email to work again, after getting hacked. I always go to Turbo Tax and love ya All.  

Evelyn E Kilgore

Suggestions for the Community

You need to ban people that use racial slurs threats, and who use derogatory remarks against others. I am not talking about cuss words or people voicing their feelings that would be ridiculous and too strict. I reported a user for being inappropriate and y’all arent doing anything about it. Are you going to do something about it or is Turbo tax also racist and you support this persons views ? 

Moderator

Suggestions for the Community

@bpeck1 

We strive to provide a healthy and inclusive environment and do not condone nor tolerate discriminatory posts of any kind. We do moderate this community and appreciate you reporting abusive posts. Thank you for your participation and for helping us maintain our commitment to a safe and interactive community.