Past Returns

I need to print my 2017 return. It is on my computer, buy my 2018 Turbotax will not find it. How can I get it printed?

Past Returns

@Erik Petersen wrote:
Online turbo tax

Are you the same person as the threadowner?  The screen name is different.

Here's how to print a 2017 online return.   Log in and at the Tax Home go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents".  Expand that section and choose 2017 (or whatever year you want to print).  Then use the link "download/print the PDF."

If you don't find the past online return in that account, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.

If you find it, but when you try to download it, access is locked, and it asks you to pay to retrieve, we can tell you how to pay to unlock it, or how to get a free tax return transcript from the IRS.

Past Returns

Was your 2017 return prepared in desktop software (CD/download) or Online TurboTax?    The tax data file ends in *.tax2017, and it's possible you also made a PDF.

In order to open and print from the *.tax2017 data file, you'll need to use 2017 desktop software.  

Are you using Windows PC or Mac?

Past Returns

Online turbo tax

Past Returns

@Erik Petersen wrote:
Online turbo tax

Past Returns

It was desktop software and I use a windows computer. I guess my question may be, how do I get a 2017 program. Apparently the one I had is no longer on the computer...

Past Returns

Stu60 wrote:

You haven't specifically said if you have searched your computer and can find the *.tax2017 data file or a 2017 PDF or not.  In any case, I can tell you how to get the 2017 software replacement if you uninstalled it, but it won't do you any good unless you have the *.tax2017 data file.     Did you purchase the software as a download from TurboTax?    If so, it should still be in your online account and available for download at this link:

https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/app/downloads

Or did you purchase the 2017 software somewhere else last year, or did you buy a CD and can't find it?   In those cases,  you'd need to phone TurboTax Support and ask for a replacement download.

You can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number. Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact