consulting19

marketplace insurance. How do I account for a dependent who obtains their own policy mid-year?

I have a client who is on marketplace insurance (parent and dependent is on marketplace insurance) and they claim the dependent because the dependent is in college but graduates later this year.  The dependent wants to obtain their own marketplace insurance policy but will still need to be claimed on parent's tax return due to set-up for the first half of the year.  Is this possible and how does turbo tax handle this?

"I have a client......   "

If you are a paid tax preparer you cannot use TurboTax--it violates the terms of service.

consulting19

You're right.  I was trying to hide my own mess.  This is my situation.