Level 3

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I made 2 payments for my state taxes for the wrong year. It was my first time as working for myself and the website where I made the payment at first was confusing. Once I got an unexpected letter in the mail from the state stating that my overpayment was applied to a medical bill, that's when I realized I had done something wrong. When filing, do I have to deduct the 2 payments that the state already paid to the agency from the total amount that I paid for state taxes or do I just put the entire payment in the state taxes box that I paid entirely?