Level 2

Other tax discussions

I calculated the 2016 total consulting income I made, and paid 2016 taxes on all of it.  I forgot the last month was paid in January, 2017.  I got a 2017 1099 MISC for the Dec 2016 work.

How do I fix this?  I assume I have to do the following:

1) Re-state my 2016 consulting income and re-submit a revised 2016 Income Tax form

2) Wait for IRS to accept the revision and send me the over-payment check in the mail

3) Pay the 2017 self employment and income tax on that revenue

4)  Hope the amount are roughly the same

Anything else I missed?