Level 3

Other tax discussions

Upon E-File submitting of State Return my Gross Income almost doubled and incorrectly recalculated my return from receiving $69 to owing $5600+. Don't know how thei happened, can't seem to correct it, and the FED submittal is already accepted but the State submittal is showing "Pending". What is the best way to correct this error?   Need to know ASAP!


Employee Tax Expert

Other tax discussions

If you have submitted your returns, then the only way to correct them is by amending them. 


Note: Wait until your originally filed return is fully processed before amending. This will avoid errors with the IRS processing. See instructions below.


How do I amend?