Level 2

Other tax discussions

My 2017 in home services W2 Wages Don't Match Last of Year YTD Paystub by $30K. I believe that the W2 amount is only showing the wages from the pay periods in which there was tax withheld -- stopped the w/h when found out that the earnings were not taxable. What do I report?

Employee Tax Expert

Other tax discussions

You should contact your employer for the correct W-2 amounts. If they can't/won't provide the correct information to you before the filing due date, you may need to complete a substitute W-2 form. See directions below.


How do I file a substitute W-2?