Catalyst V

Other tax discussions

If your temporary move to OH was a condition of your employment or continued employment, you are not a resident of OH and you are still a full time resident of WA. However, you are required to file a non-resident OH return for your earnings in OH, since you physically relocated there for the duration of the work. Your employer should be withholding state taxes for OH while you're there, but they're not required to. So be ready to pay up to the state at tax time if OH state taxes aren't being withheld.