Level 2

Other tax discussions

I sold 1K ABC shares at $50, on Dec 27, 2017 for a loss of $10K and claimed it on my 2017 tax return.  Later, I discovered that I bought 1K ABC shares on Jan 20, 2018 at $40.   Do I need to amend my 2017 tax return?  And what correction do I need to submit?