Level 15

After you file

All you need is a tax transcript and not the actual return itself. You can get that for free directly from the IRS at http://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcripts. Also note that the FAFSA website has a tool that will allow you to directly import all the financial data straight from your IRS account. All you may need to do is create an account with the IRS, if you haven't done so already.