Employee Tax Expert

After you file

You would file a non-resident Indiana return for the rental income earned there. Any Indiana taxes that you paid as a result, would be credited on your resident state tax return. You would add the additional state tax return under the State Taxes tab and complete the non-resident return first to calculate correctly.


You would need to amend the CA return to list the Indiana taxes paid.