dontbhave
Returning Member

TurboTax incorrectly entered a credit for me - and it cost me $1400

Hi

I know I did not add any credits to my taxes when I filed with TurboTax, because I do not qualify for any. Yet when my taxes were filed by the software, a credit **I did not add** cost me $1400. I've been in touch with customer service folks, and told to wait until I could file a claim - but it's $1400, and I was told that "hopefully by April" I'd be able to file - it's now nearly the end of May and I still don't have that 100% accuracy I was guaraunteed. 

Beyond frustrated - did anyone else have this problem? I truly can't afford it. Help desired. 🙂 Thank you

Other financial discussions

What "credit"?  How did a credit "cost" you?   The only credit that TurboTax will add is the Earned Income Credit and it only adds that if you qualify for it.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
dontbhave
Returning Member

The IRS removed the "credit" because I didn't "qualify."

"Thanks."

What credit?   Why did the IRS say that you did not qualify?

You asked for help, but have not provided any information needed to answer your question.

The IRS does make mistakes.

Whether covered by the accuracy guarantee depends on what credit it was and if it was improperly claimed due to your error of not.

Also the guarantee will only pay any interest or late charges that the IRS imposes, but not the tax itself that you would have paid without the error.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**