Stimulus 2020

For 2018 I paid taxes. I have not filed for 2019. My 2018 tax return has my direct deposit information, but since I paid taxes (via TurboTax) the checkbox field that states 'Use this account for Direct Debit' is checked as yes and the 'Use this account for direct deposit' is checked No. 

Will I need to use the web portal to update my direct deposit info given my tax return was filled out in this way? 

thanks

GabiU
Level 15

Other financial discussions

This is our main page https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ It'll prompt you to file if you have an account from last year.
According to the IRS article Economic impact payments: What you need to know, it states most tax payers are ok. Keep checking. 
I'm sorry this wasn't a direct answer, but this is what I know so far! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I read an article that qualified direct deposit info as "Authorized" ..if one paid taxes and filed online my guess is we need to use the portal to provide direct deposit info i.e. authorize it.

hope it helps....April 17th portal could be up.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

You are correct.  The IRS is preparing Websites to update information and check your filing status.  It is expected to be completed in mid-April.

Please read what it says on the right hand side where it says “Filers: Get Your Payment”

Get Your Payment Status

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post