stimulus package - direct deposit

I'm wondering if the IRS has access to my bank routing number?  I used Turbo Tax and it goes through Santa Barbra bank to pay you.  With the stimulus package being approved, I wondered if IRS has that info. from you?

do you know?

Other financial discussions

From what I’ve heard so far, they use whatever routing number was on our tax return. Unfortunately, I gave the wrong routing number for my bank so I had to wait for my refund. I’m hoping there’s a way we can change, or confirm the routing number they will use when issuing the stimulus checks. 

IRS is supposed to send a letter to the address on file,15 days before the check is sent,so maybe there is an option to change your info.

AP26
Level 1

I read the other day that if your deposit info on your tax return was incorrect or has changed that you need to call the IRS and update your account information in order to have the stimulus direct deposited.

It's Likely they won't  contact you and just send a paper check. 

I want it direct deposit

himehiyoi

Will the stimulus money go on the turbo tax cards

YES, YOU HAVE TO CALL 18008291040 TO UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND ROUTING NUMBER

Yes. If you download a copy of your taxes it will show your routing and account number for the card you used, even if it is a TurboTax card issued when you filed.

Long as u did direct deposit through turbo tax with your bank information instead of gettimg a turbo card you should b fine

Unfortunately you can only receive it the way you received your tax return refund. If it was direct deposit then you have nothing to worry about. If you received a check then unfortunately you will have to wait for a check to be mailed to you. The only thing you can change is the address. 

Yes. It's considered direct deposit

Would the money be deposited into The TurboTax card if I did it though them also the stimulus check would be deposited into the TurboTax card

Im wondering the same

I read yesterday you can call IRS and change your routing number