jcfeil12

Debt management

I heard about the strategies and am currently using it. I went with highest balance. Got one paid off and have started on the next. It's working for me
greg6543

Debt management

DAVE RAMSEY! books videos and do Financial Peace University!! :_) 

AK3
Level 2

Debt management

Hello

I haven't charge anything for over a year now,  I live in Senior Housing ( I'm a senior) who lives on Social Security and alimony now retired/Divorced ,I was doing average spending and  surviving, then everything went up , My rent My utilities, Car Insurance,My Health Plan, so this took a bite out of my income.   Therefore there wasn't quite enough to pay those two credit cards , I have  No loans, Mortgages, No Nothing.. My priorities came first. I'm working on one card to try to stay ahead but the other card,  is ready to go to a debt collector,  I was giving "Good Faith payments, " but not good enough. My Credit Score took a dive,  All the comments listed do this do that, To much to process, 

clubbjuju

Debt management

You don't want to close your accounts because it will actually lower your credit score as it will change your credit to debt ratio. Destroy the card for sure and never use it again. Just keep paying the balance down. Good luck. I am in the same boat.

Debt management

You have to work an 2nd job for the next 2 years and only use that overnight job to pay your bills. It will.be hard but that the only way to pay down your debit.

Debt management

You can cut your cards up, but don’t close the accounts. Part of your credit score is calculated using your length of credit history. Closing them will hurt your credit score.
Kate2

Debt management

Stop using your credit card! You are spending beyond your means if you keep adding to the balance and cannot pay off what you purchased. Start using cash instead.
Kate2

Debt management

You start with the smallest debt and pay that one off, then then pay off the next largest, and so on. That is the snowball approach. Paying off the smallest debt first provides quicker satisfaction because you see your progress quicker and you are more likely to keep going as you reach your debt payoff goals.

Debt management

Do not burn or cancel your credit cards. Such a move will affect your credit negatively. Instead put them away and do not touch them again till you have paid off your debt.
StarMan007
Returning Member

Debt management

Just know that closing accounts does lower your score....

AK3
Level 2

Debt management

Hello

I have TWO Credit Cards  One acct is closed.. making pyts. The One which is open I.  have not been applying any pyts because of my income so I would assume it was signed over to a collection agency my acct online and credit report does not show  Debt Collector or Collections, haven't used them I would say in a year. Both have balances on them.  Total $4,800..... Both are also locked

AK3
Level 2

Debt management

Hello

I have two Credit cards, have not used for a year  One is open, no pyts.. One is closed.. Yes Pyts. Both have the same Balance with maybe a  $10- $15 difference.

AK3
Level 2

Debt management

Hello

Yes I'm aware of that (Haven't use in almost a year.) I have Two Credit cards  with Balances. Total $4800....  The one that is closed ,shows on my Credit Report "Closed by Consumer" . I do not remember closing that acct.??Questionable. The acct that is open gets no pyts The one that is closed gets pyts

AK3
Level 2

Debt management

Hello

Yes I have Two Credit Cards Total Owed $4,800 One card is Open , One card is closed Im paying on the acct that is closed  ( I just picked one to pay)The one that is open I can't do right now  What I don't understand is why it has not gone to collection. I had no choice for that card. I had to let it go,  It's been a year but I don't see anywhere that it is collection.

AK3
Level 2

Debt management

Hello

Work a second job? I don't even have a First job... I'm "Retired" and 75 years old. My Job days are over..Not easy being a Senior Citizen.