Loribollinger67
Returning Member

Debt management

I am an emotional spontaneous spender!  I am overly generous with my family and friends.   I also love to gamble!   So staying away from the slot machines and not impulse buying is helping .   

KStevenson
Intuit Alumni

Debt management

@Loribollinger67   Good for you for recognizing the temptations that cause you to spend money needlessly and "acting as if you are rich."  

I would encourage you to think about the 'why' behind your emotional spending if you have not already done so. 

Best wishes! 

Chandab97

Debt management

How can I keep credit cards, for credit building purposes and still manage debt? If possible.

Debt management

Welcome, Chandab97,
Your question is one of my favorites as it allows me to share the credit card system I designed and use that:
1. helped build my credit score up to 815!
2. provides regular cash rewards and statement credits
3. pays me generous welcome bonuses for new credit cards I open 

I created a monthly spreadsheet to keep track of the credit cards I have, the charges I have made, and when payment is due. The most important action to take is to PAY CREDIT CARDS ON TIME EVERY MONTH.
It is also crucial to CREATE A BUDGET with each of the CATEGORIES you spend in and stick to it.

There are many more detailed suggestions on my blog. Please refer to posts about credit cards. I love to hear your comments. I hope my system helps you. Blog Posts about Credit Cards

Sincerely,
@Alison 
Debt Free Maven

Debt management

I am working toward getting out of debt and getting rid of these credit cards is my top priority. Trying to keep a consistent side hustle to generate additional income to snowball this debt! I agree with you as it pertains to the student loans, but I will pay that down. I won't give up. Good luck to all on the journey to financial freedom!!!

Debt management

@ShannonB69 @Awesome!!! You will not regret being debt free!! Ask me how I know!!?? Stay the course. You got this!! 👍🏼

Eabrill
Returning Member

Debt management

Reson#5 is true of everyone who goes into debt.

Debt management

awesome

Debt management

nice

MoneyMike

Debt management

K, that was not a good decision. Time and money are not on your side, I don’t care how much more you’ll be making. I’m not shaming age but there were other options. 

Debt management

the advice is sound, and effective if you have the means to do so.

An old talk show recommended a second job, with the attitude: "You spent yourself into this mess, not earn your way out." Even if it is, say, a $10 /hour part-time job, $200/week eventually earns $10,000/year, and that will make a big dent if you devote 100% of your pay towards the bill. 

Cutting back on phone contracts and television subscriptions can help a lot, also. Those bills kind of grow and grow and grow and grow without you noticing. 

Finally, visit my writings at Wadeeli.substack.com. You may like some of the money-saving ideas there. It starts with your automobile.

shehriar1

Debt management

"Explore our latest Turbo blog post where we uncover the top reasons individuals fall into debt, providing actionable solutions and next steps to help you regain financial stability."