Payoff new loan early

I borrowed money from a lender only 2 months ago. I have money now to repay it in full. I have paid one payment. Will my credit points lower by paying this creditor now?
Carl
Level 15

Credit score

If it does (and it probably won't) it would only be a few points. To that I would say "so what?". I for one am not willing to pay what could potentially be hundreds or even thousands of dollars in interest, just to save a few points on my credit score. Were I in your shoes, I'd pay it off and then keep making my monthly payments "TO ME!" so that in the future, either I pay for what I want in cash thus avoiding having to deal with a lender at all, or at least have enough to put down more than just a "minimum" down payment on something.

Not to far back we purchased a brand new car with an asking price of $24K. With $20K cash in my hand I gave the dealer/salesman a choice.... all of it right now at this very moment in time and call it a closed deal, or I walk and never come back. That's the 2nd time in my life we've done that. Both times they took the offer.

One advantage to having paid cash for a new car (in addition to paying less for the car) was that when it came to insurance, I didn't "need" full coverage. So insurance companies were more willing to "give" a bit on their rate. For us, it was win-win-win all the way around.

Credit score

Any time I have paid off loans early, my score went up. Regardless, a few points are worth the interest you are going to pay on the loan.
Carl
Level 15

Credit score

I just had what I refer to as a "Homer Simpson moment" having realized I missed the key word "early". DOH!

Paying off a loan early will, without question not hurt one's credit score. In fact, more than 90% of the time it will actually improve it. It may only be by a few points, but so what? If you have the cash, pay it off. You will have hundreds (if not a few thousand) on interest payments.

Cocodog60

Credit score

I pd off a huge grensjy bill of 10900. It doesnt seem to be showing. That was in the beginning of the month of Nov. Shouldnt that bring up my score

koelek49

Credit score

If I would be you I wouldn't take any loan as it's better to save money and then to buy everything you need

Credit score

If you pay off your loan early, definitely it shouldn't affect your credit score. It's a problem when you are late with paying the money. I also have a loan experience. A couple of years ago I lent money because I wanted to buy a new car. So, I found on https://credit-10.com/fi/lainaa-yksityiselte/ all the information about the terms and conditions and I applied for a loan. It was pretty easy to receive the money, as I had a good credit score. Moreover, I paid it off earlier than it was supposed to be and it didn't affect my credit points. So, you have nothing to worry about.