KD5VOU

MILITARY ADDRESS ON W-2

I am trying to enter my W-2 information into the online TT version. It is a military w-2 with my address listed as NP1HWMA0 4830. There is no other info (state , city or zip) to input. HOW do I make this work??? I have tried US address and Military address... HELP

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Tax help for military filers

You do not need to enter the address form your military W-2. TurboTax will pull your address from the Info section. Please only enter your current address in the Info section. It won't matter that your address is different than the address shown on your military W-2.

To check your address:

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click "My Info" from the left side of your screen
  3. Please scroll down to “Mailing address”  and click "Edit" if needed
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KD5VOU

Thank you!

Awesome. Thank you so much for the information.

kameron_s

I am now having this same problem. TT imported the address from my W-2 but is requiring the extra infor (zip code, state, etc) in order to file. That info is not on the W-2. How do I fix this?

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

You can contact MyPay at 800-321-1080 M-F, 8AM to 5PM ET.

This guide also have may military addresses: Working With The Military as an Employer.

That doesn't solve the problem. Mypay has nothing to do with this. Your website is rejecting the DFAS W2 because there is no employee address on it other than the set of letters numbers the original poster already specified. When I go to click file it claims that I "need to review" the W2 and it will not let me file because of this issue.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

You must enter a mailing address in order to file- even if it is not on your W2, enter your current mailing address.  @tobinantonski