felipecasas3
Returning Member

Retrive 1099 Quick Employer Forms Online from 2016.

KellyH

Retirement tax questions

Try the steps in this FAQ below and see if it helps you locate your 2016 Quick Employer Forms 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6497821

Retirement tax questions

I'm not sure I trust what TurboTax says about their Quick Employer Forms.  If you enter data, it might disappear instead of being saved (as promised).

On about January 10, 2020, I (eventually) figured out how to enter payee data at the TurboTax web pages for eventual printing and eFiling of IRS Forms 1099-MISC (block 7, NEC Compensation) due tomorrow, January 31, 2020.  [For my 2019 returns, I upgraded to TTax Home & Business -- specifically because I wanted the advertised ability to eFile my 1099-MISC forms and know that my current 2019 data would be saved online for quick & easy transfer to next year.]

(1) It turned into a time-wasting hassle to (eventually) discover that the ability to enter 1099-MISC info via the online web pages could NOT be accessed from my freshly-created and therefore existing 2019 TTax file in my desktop computer. Instead, when first opening TTax I had to click the "Start a new return" button and from there choose to enter 1099-MISC (or W2, etc.) data. That worked and I manually entered data for about 30 payees. I chose not to eFile at that time (TTax FAQs explain that my data would be saved online for later eFiling and for transfer to next year). Instead of immediately eFiling, I opted to wait until the end of January (i.e., today, 01/30/2020) in case errors needed to be corrected before eFiling. [NOTE -- There was NO "sign out" link or button available on any of the screens that appeared for me, so I simply closed the browser window. Chrome browser.]

(2) Today, 01/30/2020, I am trying to get back to my previously-entered 1099-MISC data that is supposed to be stored someplace within my online account at TTax ... ... ... and, after successfully logging in with my username and password, I cannot find any of my previously-entered data. The option to enter brand new data appears, but NO saved data from a couple of weeks ago. AARRGGH! A link to previously-saved data does NOT appear when I use the "Start a new return" button when TTax first loads. I cannot find a link to my already-entered data when I go back into my already-started 2019 tax file that's stored in my desktop computer. AARRGGH!

Now I wonder why I wasted my time and money upgrading my TTax product so that I could (supposedly) enter and eFile 1099-MISC forms via TTax to the IRS.

Retirement tax questions

@eric_l   Have you called in?

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time Monday - Sunday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Retirement tax questions

Estimated 45-minute wait on hold = crazy waste of time

TTax-QEF_screenshot-b.jpg

Retirement tax questions

Have you looked around?  Did you try clicking Edit by your name?  That should open your 1099 forms.  You can have more than 1 company listed.  Your only company is called Eric.

Did you maybe type them into the Desktop program?  If you have Windows Home & Business you can do him 2 ways, online using Quick Employer Forms or locally on your computer. 

Retirement tax questions

Or can you click the orange Efile button?

Retirement tax questions

Clicking the edit button takes me to the screen shown in this screenshot (personal data redacted).  Clicking the continue button takes me to the data entry page, but NONE of my previously-entered data shows up.  Just the page waiting for me to enter each payee's information.  The 30 Forms 1099-MISC that were entered weeks ago on ~1/10/2020 are missing.   

TTax-QEF_screenshot-c.jpg

Retirement tax questions

Clicking EFile button results in this screenshot (personal data redacted).

TTax-QEF_screenshot-d.jpg

Retirement tax questions

Regarding:  "Did you maybe type them into the Desktop program?  If you have Windows Home & Business you can do him 2 ways, online using Quick Employer Forms or locally on your computer. "

I did not use the Desktop program.  I made sure to choose "online" so that eFile would be possible (unlike Desktop that requires me to print & mail the forms to IRS).  The day I entered my data (~1/10/2020) I tested the Efile button, and noted how it allowed me to complete the action.  But I stopped before authorizing the Efile so that I could return at the end of the month (today, 1/30/2020).  I wanted to make any last-minute corrections to the forms BEFORE Efiling, because once Efiled any corrections must be made on paper.