If I am told to check this entry for a form and nothing appears on the screen what should I do?

It's for a Form 8615 and I'm told the filing status should be blank.  I removed some of the information during the review stage, but now the form isn't showing up.
DaveF1006
Employee Tax Expert

Retirement tax questions

According to this Turbo Tax link, you would file form 8615 if:

• he child has more than $2,200 in unearned income
  • The child is required to file a tax return
  • The child does not file a joint tax return with a spouse
  • At least one of the child's parents is alive
  • The child is within certain age limits

For tax purposes, the child's "age" is the age on December 31. The child must file the form if any of these conditions apply:

• The child is under 18 at the end of the year
  • The child is 18 years old and does not have earned income that is more than half of the child's support for the year, or
  • The child was a full-time student age 19-23 and does not have earned income that is more than half of the child's support

if the conditions apply and if the form is not showing up in the return, you may need to fill it out again. please perform the following steps to do this.

1) Login to your TurboTax Online account.

2) Select the “Take me to my return” button.

3) Click on “Tax Tools” on the left menu bar.

4) Select "Tools".

5) Click on "Topics Search"

6) Type in 8615 and you should see this topic now highlighted in the list, click the "Go" button to step through the interview process and review/edit your entries.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DaveF1006
Employee Tax Expert

Retirement tax questions

Before you do do the last step, go to your left navigational pane and go to tax tools>tools>delete and a form and check if the form is listed as a form in your return. If it isn't, and if you need to report this income, then go to that last step that i listed.to add the 8615 back into your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"