Level 15

Retirement tax questions

As I said you just enter each 1099R and answer the follow up questions.  It will ask what you did with it.  Do they have code 7 in box 7?  What kind of account did you roll it over from?  401K or other IRA?  What did you move it to?  If it was to a ROTH IRA it may all be taxable. @dmertz  


Enter a 1099R under

Federal Taxes on the left side

Wages & Income at the top


Then scroll way down to Retirement Plans and Social Security,

Then IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099R) - click Start or Revisit


If you are filing a Joint return be sure to pick which person it is for.