mychfc

We received FormSSA-1099-Social Security Benefit Statement. Where do we input this info?

Retirement tax questions

To enter your Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button

Then depending on other income on the return TurboTax will compute if any of the Social Security is taxable income. 

View solution in original post

Tomie2

Retirement tax questions

I got a social security form SSA-1099

Retirement tax questions

Did you even read the answers already given in this thread that tell you where to enter a SSA1099? Do not try to enter your SSA1099 or RR1099RB as a W-2. Go to Federal> Wages & Income>>Retirement Plans and Social Security (SSA1099 and 1099RRB) to enter your SSA1099.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Retirement tax questions

My software doesn't allow keyboard input into the turbotax form 1099-SSA. This makes the software useless for filing,

Retirement tax questions

What?  Is your number key locked?   What else are you having trouble entering?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Retirement tax questions

Try using a different internet browser.

Retirement tax questions

@okmotorspeedway 

Any chance you are using the "Desktop" software?

IF so, try double-clicking in the field first  (especially if you see a "$0" there).  You might have a "Supporting Details" worksheet associated with that field.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*