Level 12
This widget could not be displayed.

Retirement tax questions

Yes, you may report the taxable amount from Form 1099-MISC as self-employment income on Schedule C.

See the instructions below for how to enter this in TurboTax:


Click "this question" to see screenshots.

If you have trouble entering the exact amount, try entering an amount that is one dollar less. This work-around should allow you to complete your entry.

[revised 3/16/18 for work-around]