New Member
This widget could not be displayed.

I received form 2017 1099-R for the "backdoor" IRA to Roth IRA conversion I did in March 2017 for tax year 2016. Do I have to report this 1099-R in my 2017 return?

This is post tax IRA for "backdoor Roth" conversion. When I imported 1099-R from my broker, my owed tax amount went significantly high (for $5500 contribution). Why would I have to pay tax if this is a post tax contribution? Is there any special steps to follow to have this reported correctly (I am planning to do the same contribution for 2017 before filing my return).