vaughnvk1
Returning Member

Should the blocks choices for Income using CSA 1099R on TT match the actual blocks on the CSA 1099R?

Should the blocks choices for Income using CSA 1099R on TT match the actual blocks on the CSA 1099R? The choices in the drop down menu on TT for CSA 1099R does not match my form? On TT, in Block 7a, "2 Early distribution (except Roth)" does not match my CSA 1099 form. I only have a "block 7" not "7a and 7b." Additionally, on my actual CSA 1099R, block 7 indicates "2-NONDISABILITY."  Is the same as TT #2?

Retirement tax questions

TurboTax uses an input screen based on the 1099-R because the boxes that exist on the CSA 1099-R are the same as the larger 1099-R form.

This means that you may see some entry boxes on the input screen that don't correspond to anything on the CSA 1099-R.

Don't worry about it; enter only what you have on the CSA 1099-R and ignore any boxes on the screen that don't have a corresponding box on the CSA 1099-R. Just use the 7a box in your case and ignore the 7b box.

For box 7, you should choose "2-Early Distribution (except Roth), exception applies", because that's what it is.

For whatever reason, the OPM changes the wording to "2-NONDISABILITY", but a code 2 is a code 2.

View solution in original post