My contribution to 457b is larger than normal.

My Turbo tax return was rejected. It turned out that my contribution to 457b was $24500, which exceeds the normal allowance of $18500. I was allowed to contribute $24500 as I am older (57 years old).   The Turbotax recognizes this as an error and keeps on rejecting to the e-filing step.   How do I fix this problem?   

millsk01

Retirement tax questions

I have the same issue and I am unable to E-file.

This needs to be fixed ASAP as the $24,500.00 is allowable if you are 50 or over.

Retirement tax questions

I have the same issue. Is TT working on fixing this?
jkrafn

Retirement tax questions

I have the same issue
ljb

Retirement tax questions

I do as well
Tim599

Retirement tax questions

same issue with our tax.  Smart Check is showing that my contribution of $24500 (I'm 53) is more that the $18500 allowed for a non-govenment 457(b) plan.  This is not accurate.  Correct the program (yes, I've updated the software today, 4/6/2019)
recovere

Retirement tax questions

Mine, too.  54 and my $22507 contribution flagged as too high.  This is a new, introduced error, as it was not flagged before I updated today.
ludwig-dr

Retirement tax questions

I have the same problem!  And I am using the most up to date release!
jhernon

Retirement tax questions

I have the same issues and I too am using the current release

Retirement tax questions

I have the same problem, too. It will not let me file.
joshmottt

Retirement tax questions

Same problem. Feeling much better now that I know it's a common issue.
pakjohn

Retirement tax questions

Same problem.  Even worse, there is a provision that allows for even larger "catch-up" deductions within three years of retirement that permits even larger deductions. I'm eligible for 34,790 but the program is rejecting it.
plw7

Retirement tax questions

I have the same issue. Turbo tax needs to fix this VERY SOON, other wise, we can't Efile!!!
jonathan5

Retirement tax questions

I found a solution that works for my return:  When I entered my W-2 data, TurboTax asked whether my employer is a state/local government, and I incorrectly said no.  Now I changed the answer to yes, and the problem went away.  See https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4726908-i-believe-there-is-an-error-in-turbo-tax-for-2019-tax-year....
ludwig-dr

Retirement tax questions

We have tried and tried to find where it asks whether my employer is a state/local government, so far with zero luck.