This is considered Miscellaneous Income  (Foreign ...
Employee Tax Expert

Retirement tax questions

This is considered Miscellaneous Income  (Foreign Pension).  Here's how to enter:

  1. In the Wages & Income section, go to the Less Common Income section and select Start next to Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C
  2. On the next screen, select Start next to Other Reportable Income and answer Yes on the next screen
  3. You will now make two entries on the Other Taxable Income screen:  First, you will enter the topic Foreign Pension, and then you will enter the amount in American dollar equivalent.

If you paid foreign taxes on this, you can receive a credit for this on Form 1116.  Here's an FAQ on this:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings