New Member

I never deposited Jury Duty money, and my stub says I cannot any longer. Do I still need to enter this as money recived for my taxes?

Employee Tax Expert

Retirement tax questions

Yes, you must report the Jury Duty money, unfortunately.  The IRS sees it as income the moment you receive the check, not when you actually cash it. Please follow steps below for data entry:

  1. Click on Federal Taxes
  2. Click on Wages & Income (you may also have to select Skip to see all income)
  3. Scroll down to Less Common Income
  4. Select Jury Duty

View solution in original post