June 4, 2019 3:51 PM
This widget could not be displayed.
No, military retirement plans are considered NON-Qualified plans.
Qualified plans include:
- 403(b)s (also known as tax-sheltered annuity plans)
- 457 plans for government employees
- Traditional IRAs
- Roth IRAs
- SEP and SIMPLE plans for employees of small businesses
- Pension plans
- Profit-sharing plans
- Stock bonus plans
Non-qualified plans include:
- Life insurance policies (if distribution is full payment)
- Private or purchased commercial annuities
- Military retirement plans