New Member

I paid double the maximum social security amount this year because I changed employers. I'm filing as married jointly. Should I receive credit back for excess payment?

Level 3

Retirement tax questions

Yes, you will receive the excess payment back. You will see the amount listed on line 72 of your Schedule 5. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"