Level 15

Retirement tax questions

No. It is not a loss.  It is a divorce settlement.   A QDRO payment should go from the plan directly to your ex and she should receive a 1099-R and pay the tax.  There is  nothing for you to  do or report.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post