mhay8650

457 retirement plan - ceiling is $37,000 for 2018 3 years prior to retirement but I am not able to e-file with $37,000. How do I e-file?

Retirement tax questions

We have the same situation! I spent over an hour on the phone with Turbo Tax on Friday explaining that their "fix" on 4-4-19 only covered the regular over-50 catch-up provision (which is $6K) but not the second catch-up option for certain government plans when the employee is in their last three years, which allows 2x the annual amount ($37K in 2018).

The person I spoke with on the phone understood what I was saying and she looked up the IRS Publication that explains it but when she was tried to tell her supervisor, that person insisted that the problem was already fixed and no more updates would be forthcoming.

I received an email from Turbo Tax this morning telling me that the issue was on my end and was not a problem with their program so I will now have to print and file a paper return. I did respond to their email with a link to the IRS page explaining this provision and I see that several people have posted the same question in the past 24 hours so maybe someone will take a second look.

Everyone who has this problem needs to notify Turbo Tax immediately!