New Member

Do I enter spouses social security benefits seperately from disability beneftis?

I get soc.sec. disability benefits but started getting wifes/spouses benefits based onex-husbands last year. Where do I enter these.?

Level 15

Retirement tax questions

Both SSA-1099 forms are entered on your tax return and in the same section, one column for you and the other column for your spouse.

To enter Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099

  • Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button

Or enter social security benefits in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to social security benefits