oneFacet

When adding a 1099-DIV with box 2a filled with 192 dollars, the TurboTax Online Review shows that dates need to be added for the capital gain distribution in box 2a. Why?

When adding a 1099-DIV with box 2a filled with 192 dollars, the TurboTax Online Review shows that dates need to be added for the capital gain distribution in box 2a on the 1099-DIV entered for the 192 dollars. Why is this happening, as there are no dates on the 1099-DIV form? Is it because the system was too busy to process the return online? What can I do to fix this so the return can be filed?  It is now April 14th 🙂   Thank you for all your help  -

oneFacet

Retirement tax questions

Thank you for your comment. It basically wants me to enter the types of information from a long term sale that would be reported on a brokers combined statement. But there is no page showing any stock sales. So when I tried adding 01/01/18 it asked for even more information. And did not want to have to enter false details- and definitely would appreciate any additional answers -
oneFacet

Retirement tax questions

Also even when the entire 1099-DIV was deleted, the TurboTax Online Review still showed that the dates needed to be entered -
ho1lst

Retirement tax questions

I am clueless I download my investment information from an institution, can you do that? if so information should be correct.
oneFacet

Retirement tax questions

Ok, tried it again and used 12/31/2018 for both dates and it did work, and just in time 🙂 Thank you Ho1lst!
ho1lst

Retirement tax questions

I would just enter the date of your brokerage statement, since there are no other dates. Hope this works.

View solution in original post