mac57
Returning Member

Finding Form 8915-e in TurboTax Premier version

I took the 10% penalty on an IRS distribution that I took because of Covid. Where in TT Premier can I access the 8915 form?

RayW7
Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

First, make sure you copy of TurboTax has been updated to include all the current forms.

Form 8915-E  for Coronavirus Distributions has been released and now available in TurboTax.

If you qualify the 10% penalty will be removed and you will be provided options for repayment.

You can access all the information needed by revisiting your 1099-R input information.  During the interview you will have a question 'Was this a withdrawal due to COVID-19 or a Qualified Disaster Distribution'.  Just follow the interview questions and TurboTax will automatically take care for form 8915-E.

The 1099 R will be entered in the Retirement Plans and Social Security section.
• Select Federal Taxes
• Select Wages and Income
• Select Show More at Retirement Plans and Social Security
• Select IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)

mac57
Returning Member

Retirement tax questions

Worked!!! I sincerely appreciate your time and input.

SharryLG

Retirement tax questions

I have TT Home & Business and it updated on 2/12/22.  It is still saying I have to revisit as it isn't updated yet. Do I need another version of TT or will it be pushed down to Home & Business?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Retirement tax questions

For tax year 2021, Form 8915-E has been replaced with Form 8915-F. This form is currently scheduled to be released on March 31, 2022.  You can monitor the status of the form in the below link.

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

Please note dates are subject to change, however, if the forms become available sooner than the currently published date, the article will be updated to provide the new availability date.

@SharryLG

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"